Mission and Purpose
Woodlawn Church of the Nazarene's Children's Ministries exists to be an ambassador of Jesus Christ to the children and families in the community we serve. All of our efforts are intended to glorify God by reaching those within our influence with the Gospel message embodied in the Great Commission.
We seek to fulfill the Great Commission by equipping parents and volunteers to meet children wherever they are in their spiritual journey, and leading them to higher levels of faith, understanding and commitment.
Our vision at Woodlawn Church of the Nazarene Children's Ministries is to make an impact in children's lives by creating the most informative, innovative and imaginative children's ministry, bringing the love of Christ to this generation. We will make an impact in children's lives and fulfill the purpose of our vision by:
Introducing children to the Gospel
Ministering to their needs
Praying for them, that they will
Accept Christ as their Savior
Connecting them with other Christians
Training them for a life-long relationship with Christ
- To provide a safe, secure and loving environment for children.
- To help children feel a warm sense of belonging to their church family and to ensure each child feels welcomed and wanted.
- To help each child understand that God is real and that a personal relationship with Him gives meaning to life.
- To aid each child in accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- To help each child develop relationships with other believers and nonbelievers.
- To provide children the opportunity to participate in worship and ministry.
- To help families provide their children with a Christian Heritage by supporting them in their spiritual nurture.
- To provide godly leaders who are adequately trained to serve as positive role models as they minister to children
- To have an organized outreach program that will reach people in our community by ministering to their needs.
- To provide life changing education for our children by utilizing quality resources and continually training and encouraging our volunteers.